Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 8-10
These past days have been filled with a lot of emotion! I have never felt God so much in my life! I love the feeling! Thursday was everyones last day on work sites. In my groups case that was our community service day. We went to a high school they are opening this year. It's an alternative school that gets kids caught up on everything in 2 years. They said most kids that go there range from the ages 17 to 20 years, and be on a 3rd grade reading level. It was awesome to work on it and help the teachers get ready for school. They start this Monday! Keep them in your prayers please. That night was a very special worship service. It was the last one as a group! We had communion and also participated in a washing of feet service! Those are so powerful! For someone to do that is just really awesome! I cried so much and it really hit me. I realized how far I was from God, during that I felt he pulling me back in and saying "I am still here with open arms." I just really felt his presence! It was really powerful, and a great way to end this wonderful experience. Well, I thought that was the end. Saturday we stayed in Beaumont where we had our own worship service just us as a group. We started this week as strangers most of us or not very close at all! Now we have a family! The youth helped put it together which was pretty cool to get to help with it! We had a part in the service where we saw God this week and I told everyone that I saw God working in each one of them all week! God as mysterious ways of working and this week was one of them, as many people said during this! It was a very powerful moment filled with tears of joy and happiness! We also had candles to light as a prayer for someone! This, was the most powerful thing I had felt and everyone else I think felt the same! This week has been so important to me and everyone else! God showed himself and worked through all of us this week! We now are a family and will always have each other to lean on! Today, was a sad day. We said goodbye to many people of the group! I cried a lot again today. Two of them I had grow very close to and are now brothers to me! We are already planning reunions with all of them! I am very excited for them! Tomorrow we will be HOME! Most of the time I would be very excited, however I would have stayed here for much longer! Please pray for safe travels!
God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment